Love Triangle: The Romantic Message A Man Saw In His Girlfriend’s Phone Before Killing Her Emerges

Details have emerged about the romantic WhatsApp message a man saw in his girlfriend’s phone before orchestrating her murder.

According to police statements, the suspect claimed that while visiting his former partner at her home in the Riat area of Kisumu on April 5, 2026, he accessed her phone and discovered conversations with another man.

He told investigators that the messages suggested plans for marriage, a revelation that triggered intense anger.

The suspect, identified as Steven Colman Okoth, said he left the house briefly after the discovery, telling the woman he would return.

He later admitted that he sought out two unknown individuals and asked them to harm the victim.

He reportedly paid them Sh500 to carry out the attack.

Investigators say Okoth later contacted the woman and convinced her to leave her house, offering to accompany her to a cyber café under the guise of helping with a job attachment application.

She agreed and left at about 3 pm, unaware of the danger.

On her way to meet him, she was ambushed by two attackers who forced her into a nearby thicket.

Police believe Okoth returned to her residence later that afternoon and used her phone to send messages to her sister and current boyfriend before fleeing.

The victim, 21-year-old Rose Benta Apondi, a second-year student at Ramogi Institute of Advanced Technology, was later reported missing after her family received unusual calls and distressing messages from her phone.

Detectives traced the device to a compound in Milimani Estate where Okoth worked.

Although he initially denied involvement, officers later recovered the phone from a septic tank at the premises, prompting further interrogation.

Police said the suspect eventually confessed and led them to the site where the body had been dumped.

The remains were found several days after her disappearance and showed signs of animal interference.

The body was moved to Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital mortuary for examination.

Family members said the victim had previously reported threats and violent behaviour from the suspect following their separation.

Okoth is expected to appear before the Maseno Law Courts on April 23 to face charges related to the killing.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post